Monday, November 10, 2008

Who moved my (cream) cheese?

Today didn't seem like a banner day on the surface. I received the news that my car needs a massive amount of expensive repairs. I realized that I had missed something big in one of my teachers' guides about 4 hours into the day, which meant the next 6 or so hours were spent trying to catch up on my oversight. But something really cool did happen at work today. For over 6th months I've been working on a high school social studies book about American Government. Today, I got to officially add Barack Obama to the Presidents' section in the back of the book. I have to say, that felt good.

In other news, I recently tried Tofutti's non-dairy cream cheese, and I can't say that I'm a fan. I mean yes, I certainly enjoy that non-dairy quality of it. The less dairy in my diet means the less nausea and stomach aches I experience. However, I was not a fan of the distinctly soy taste. Part of the reason I love cream cheese is the tangy taste. Perhaps this would taste good on a breakfast bagle as the taste was a lot like the soy milk I take in my cappucinos, but on a sandwhich with roast beef it was fairly nasty. I will give Tofutti that they got the texture spot on, but this almost works to their disadvantage when matched with the taste. If the texture had been off, perhaps I'd have been more prepared for the taste to be off. Trader Joe's also makes non-dairy cream cheese so perhaps I'll try their brand and see how that works.

Since I got home so late, I missed craft night at the Trolley Stop so I will be left to knit on my own time. But first I think it's time to read some of David Sedaris' new book, which is being generously loaned to me by my coworker and appreciate the cuteness that is Leslie.

No comments: